Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Bump

Today I hit a bump. The account couldn't go up indefinitely without taking a hit sooner or later.

It was a pretty wacky ride anyway. Nothing was really in sync with any other currency pair. The pound began gaining ground against the dollar during the Asian session. The euro lost a little during the Asian session while the yen and swissie lost ground against the dollar.

I missed the biggest move of the day when the pound lost nearly 250 pips against the dollar during the European session. I was taking a nap at about 3AM when the move really started to happen. I was not prepared for such a big move, especially when I was expecting the dollar to lose ground.

This left some positions over extended. When the pound continued to lose ground to the dollar during the New York session, I had to take some losses to preserve the value in the account. I took 4 sizable losses, but nothing that should not be made up in a few days.

The euro again set a new high for 2009 today against the dollar with some late New York session gains. The yen and swissie pretty much ended the day with a doji near where they started the day. The pound gained a little ground back, but lost about 100 pips for the day against the dollar.

For the day, I made 19 new trades, closing 24 winners, 4 losses, and 18 trades remain open. The net pips for the day is -794.5 pips, or -17.55% loss.

Here are the daily stats for Tuesday, September 15, 2009.

Open High Low Close Pip Interval
GBP/USD 1.6581 1.6657 1.6401 1.6486 256
EUR/USD 1.4617 1.4684 1.4560 1.4656 124
USD/CHF 1.0346 1.0417 1.0322 1.0347 95
USD/JPY 90.92 91.63 90.77 91.01 86
GBP/JPY 150.72 151.71 149.43 150.04 228

What this means:
It's pretty unusual for the euro and pound to go in opposite directions against the dollar. This makes for some difficult trading to begin with. But when you add currencies making their major moves for the day at different times, it becomes really tough.

In other news, there was a lot of good news. I added a new client today. Also, beginning tomorrow, I will be trading another account for SummerstreetFX, the brokerage. If I continue to trade well with the new account, SummerstreetFX will bring me much more capital and other clients to trade for!

SummerstreetFX is also looking to promote me through webinars and other media to attract clients. Things are really starting to move!

May the pips be with us!

The Pipmaster
Email: titangroupfx@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment